Thursday, August 7, 2008

TV Brit

If you ever need to feel better about American TV, I recommend a brief trip to England. They've managed to import all our worst crap and create plenty of their own. There's one channel that--seriously--runs nothing but reruns of Montel, Sally Jessy (from the 80s!), Rikki Lake, and Judge Judy, one right after the other. Another channel literally runs the UK version of Big Brother nonstop. I have yet to channel hop and not find Big Brother on at least once. (Some show called Big Brother's Little Brother just came on. The point is apparently to get a bunch of loser fans of Big Brother together to discuss last night's show. Rex's hairdresser is currently on the line. Aren't you fascinated? Don't you wish you were here RIGHT NOW so you could see for yourself?)

But I believe our current favorite is the BBC's Last Choir Standing. That's right, I said Last Choir Standing: American Idol for choirs. I'm going to give you a minute to imagine that.

Now take your imagination and make it stupider. A lot stupider. And make the choirs really bad. Like can't-find-the-pitch-when-you're-singing-in-unison-which-is-almost-all-the-time bad. I'm sitting in front of the TV yelling "Blend! BLEND, you idiots!"

AND...there is choreography. Lots and lots of choreography.

I just spent almost an hour sifting through the video to find the most wretchedness for your enjoyment, only to discover that the "share" feature only takes you to the main page, but I highly recommend that you (don't) check out The City of Bath Male Choir singing "Bring Him Home" (hang on for the end!), Hear Me Now!'s "California Dreamin'" and most especially, run away from Last Minute's "It's My Life". Far, far away.

And the worst part is the show has no Duane, no Trocchia, no Simon Cowl to scream "YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! Fortheloveofmikeshutthe%*#$ up!!!!!!!!" So I am forced to do it myself.

But rest assured we will let you know who is the Last. Choir. Standing!

2 comments:

  1. holy lord god. i am not EVEN searching for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh but you should. you should! it's so wonderfully wonderfully awful.

    ReplyDelete