Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Want to Believe


that the X Files movie was better than it was. It wasn't very Xfilesy, really, although lots of satisfying Mulder-Scully action. And of course, it had to be the Russians. It's always the Russians.

I will gladly take it over no X Files at all, but it made me miss it all more...

8 comments:

  1. i am right there with you.

    see what i meant about the boat scene at the end? she's still hot, but dude, couldn't he have tanned a little bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the boat scene! What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what is the theology of this movie? That's what I want to know. On the one hand there seems to be significant scope for grace and redemption. But ones accessibility to grace seems to be driven by "Never give up". So, works after all in the end?

    And are we supposed to think that Scully's desire to save the boy and the Polish dude's desire to save his MA-spouse are flip sides of the same human coin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. t - meh, it was after the credits. just mulder and scully in swimsuits in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean. and that was about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mdog: what the? What is that supposed to mean? But yes, I had previously noticed a significant level of Mulder pastyness. They have that spray tanning now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously, this was ALL it was. except that mulder was more noticably pasty and.. less.. trim?.. on the big screen.

    it haunts my dreams, a little.

    she still had it goin' on, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So some wannabe reviewer I read last night post movie said the boat scene was signifying the end of everything and that there would be no movies. I'm not really getting that from two people in a rowboat. I want to believe.

    Mulder, at least looking better than in The TV Set though. But you're right. Scully's still got it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And fun facts...

    Yesterday: David Duchovny's birthday (Aug 7-48)

    Tomorrow: Gillian Anderson's birthday (Aug 8-40)

    ReplyDelete