Friday, August 1, 2008

If you have ever loved Pierce Brosnan...


then I beg you, do not see Mamma Mia! As we left the theater, I told Daniel, "I don't think Pierce Brosnan can ever be hot again after that." Never in my life have I seen anything more tortured than Pierce Brosnan singing SOS. Nope--take that back--than Pierce Brosnan singing When All Is Said and Done. I'm talking really, hideously painful.

Otherwise, loved the movie. Completely ridiculous, but completely fun. Just downloaded the soundtrack...will be skipping over the Pierce numbers.

And PS: Have no words to describe the credits.

4 comments:

  1. Hi - I had heard that quite a few of the cast were painful to ehar... shame.
    Sounds like you are having fun though. Is Daniel's accent reverting? It used to have an english taint from his dad!
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. But NOBODY looks better in an unbuttoned white shirt on a Greek island. Seriously, forget the singing; who could wear that shirt better? Denise (Dwayne, surprisingly, did not see the movie with me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that, Denise, is absolutely true. And actually, I think they've fiddled with the mix on the soundtrack and brought up the accompaniment so that he's not as bad.

    The quality of the vocals was definitely pretty low (although Meryl Streep wasn't bad and the daughter was actually pretty good), but then one might argue that the lousy vocals was just part of the general ambience:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite happy that the Pierce Brosnan threat has been removed.

    And _I_ did see the movie. Even enjoyed it. One could not complain one was sold a bill of goods. It was pretty much exactly as advertised.

    Although that is a whole lot of ABBA. I could have done with five fewer songs and 30 minutes less movie.

    I did find the interpretation
    of "Greek Chorus" amusing.

    ReplyDelete