Saturday, August 30, 2008

are you kidding me?

Sarah Palin? Seriously? Are you kidding me? Leaving aside the fact that this she is an utterly irresponsible and arrogant pick, as a woman, I am beyond insulted. Does John McCain really think that he can just pick some beauty queen out of Nowheresville, Alaska with no experience at anything and we'll all come running to cast votes for him? And no matter what virtues she may have to compensate for her zero experience, I have to say: What kind of mother would even consider pursuing this job with an infant (who is also disabled) at home? I'm all for working mothers, but there are jobs, and there are Jobs. Disgusting and irresponsible all the way around.

4 comments:

  1. I have a lot to say on this, but won't. Really. Okay, maybe later.

    I will say that I SOOOOO agree with you on the infant thing. Although would we feel the same if a male going into office had an infant, or would we just say, "That is the woman's job."

    I actually think it was an interesting pick. Interesting is an interesting word. Sometimes I wish I was not a pastor. Around political season, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have mixed feelings on the mother of an infant issue. there comes a point at which you do have to choose - career or time with kids. you can't have both at the same time without one or the other suffering.

    i didn't have an issue working while maya was an infant. especially since i work an 8-5 job. but, i would not be comfortable making the choice she's made. of course i would not be comfortable having children in my mid-40s.

    my biggest problem is that she is NOT qualified for VP. not at all. if mccain is elected and something happens to him, i don't want this woman leading our country.

    interesting is an excellent word for this. the only word, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tutor said today she looks like she belongs on a LensCraft commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't she just? what is up with those glasses. I'll bet money that she's one of those people who wears glasses to look smarter. I think she's that type.

    Much more when we get back to the internet in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete