I made Jack laugh last Friday. I started doing the “Fat Albert” lip waggle and he kept grinning and vocalizing, sort of like a “Heh! Heh! Heh!” until he finally got so caught up in making his little “heh” sounds that he lost control and chuckled. It was stupendous. These fat lips of mine ought to be good for something.
***
I made him laugh again yesterday morning, this time with Mitch the Monkey in the car seat. “Mitch” has a retractable leg (?), for lack of a better term. His leg is a pull string that makes this little clicking noise as the gear winds things back into place. I have yanked Mitch’s chain many times before but Jack hasn’t seemed particularly interested. He’ll smile or be distracted by Mitch’s rattle or by seeing Mitch sway, but the leg thing has never done it for him. Then suddenly this morning he started vocalizing again and wound up chuckling. I love it. It feels like the most important thing I’ve ever done, making that little blonde baby laugh.
In the last couple of weeks he’s also started to “show us his stuff”, usually on the changing table. He gets this look of immense concentration and focus until his eyes are nearly crossed, and then his arms and legs begin flailing wildly. It is hilariously violent.
He also likes to show us his stuff when he’s in his spotted cow bouncy seat. In the middle of the toy bar is a fat pig rattle with a yellow chick dangling from it. Jack is obsessed with that chick. Every time he gets in the bouncy seat you can watch the wheels turn as he plots means of getting his uncooperative arms to snatch that chick. Said means also involve the flailing of arms and legs. I’m tellin’ you, if he ever gets ahold of that chick, he’s gonna give it THE BUSINESS.
No comments:
Post a Comment