The week after Jack was born we moved our TiVo downstairs in recognition that a) it was blistering hot upstairs and no one wanted to be there and b) we were going to be spending a lot of the next few months in front of the TV while feeding/holding/burping Jack or trying desperately to get him to sleep. Since it’s summer and there’s not much new on, I set the TiVo to record some old sitcoms so we’d have something to pass the time. It was thus that we discovered “Frasier Fridays”.
WE TV has syndication rights to Frasier (and apparently not much else). They seem determined to get their money’s worth and thus show about 46 episodes of Frasier each day. Except on Fridays, when they show 147 episodes. They spend most of the week advertising “Frasier Fridays”, during which Frasier is shown for, I think, 6 hours.
Now, I’d forgotten what a good show Frasier was and I’ve really enjoyed watching it these last couple of months, but six hours in one day?! What’s worse is that the whole thing is punctuated by commercials for their horrific reality tv shows. It all makes us long for the day when Jack can hold his own bottle and we have a hand free to hit the fast-forward button again.
No comments:
Post a Comment