We did indeed finally get internet. It's apparently done nothing to improve my blogging frequency. Wherever you go, there you are.
I think it'd be more aptly named "half-speed" though. We signed up for 3MB (or some unit--I don't remember) speed but actually got 1.5MB instead. A week later Verizon called to get their "perfect 10s" in customer satisfaction. When I inquired about this Survey Chic says, "Oh, only 1.5 MB is available in your area."
"Then why was I sold 3MB?" I inquired.
"Oh, wow, well, I'm sorry about that, but we can put you on a list to let you know when 3MB becomes available!"
"Like that list you put me on to tell me when DSL was available? That completely and utterly meaningless list of People We Aren't Calling to Tell Them They Could Have Internet Because We Don't Even Know What Products We Sell list? Oh yeah. Sign me right up. I'll be waiting by the phone."
Verizon's mind-boggling stupidity and incompetence aside, even half-speed internet is great.
"perfect 10s" in customer satisfaction...
ReplyDeleteI suspect you gave them a perfect 5?