In 10 more days, we will have high speed internet at our house, God and Verizon willing. I thought about typing that in fluorescent bold caps with three hundred exclamation points, but that still would not have conveyed how excited we are. Six long years hath we waited. In the meantime, we don't even have dial-up at home, just our iPhones with crappy cell signal (which would still be better than the dial-up if only the screen weren't teeny tiny) and I don't have an office on campus yet.
The re-entry has been a bit bruising, but after a month we're in pretty good shape. We've spent much time frequenting Lowe's, car dealerships, and doctor's offices and thus have created our own one-family stimulus package.
So when the internet or the office arrives, Sabbatication will continue in some form (if for no other reason than to spare Denise the horrors of reading Daniel's physics colloquium blog. ugh). I debated starting a different blog but then I realized that there's at least as much left to write as has been written already, and probably much more--assorted tales of fondue, rhinos, and public transportation. And at least one big rant about the health care "debate." (Seriously, people. When did health insurance companies become such freaking heroes? All these people are yelling about a "government takeover" of health care. Do we really think the government could do a worse job than the %$%#&* insurance companies? Insurance companies who are right there "on your side", stabbing you in the back and bankrupting you for the privilege? At least we can vote the goverment out.) But I digress. Or at least I will save my digressing for another day.
OMG finally someone who is talking some sence about the health care reform!! Good grief!!!!!!!!! Don't digress, I need to know there is some common sence in the world!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete