Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trier & Canterbury

Tomorrow we are off to the Land of Pizza & Pasta. We will think of you fondly whilst (the Brits love the word "whilst") chowing down and lying on the beach. In the meantime, here are the pictures from the day trip we took (with the physicists!) to Trier, oldest city in Germany, home of really old Roman stuff and of Karl Marx. And remind me to tell you about "Chuck Norris".



Ooh, and also some pics of Canterbury (although we do not recommend visiting Canterbury on the heels of 18 other churches, including Westminster Abbey). Canterbury Cathedral, also home of THE TACKIEST church gift shop I've ever seen (and how is a church gift shop ever not tacky). They were selling teddy bears dressed in full priest regalia. I'm so not kidding. I tried to take pictures, but they were just big beary blurs, so you'll have to take my word for it.


1 comment:

  1. how are you doing the photo display thing?

    nice shots. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete