Thursday, July 24, 2008

Things I Don't Like About Living in Didsbury

  • All the traffic noise coming in the open windows right now (but see forthcoming post on Things I Like)
  • The Sirens: Particularly the house alarm of the people across the street, which went off for about 45 minutes yesterday.
  • The Horrific Exchange Rate: Everything has the same price tag, it's just that it takes two dollars to make one pound.
  • The Refrigerator: Only fractionally larger than the one I had in my college dorm room. Seriously. And the coldest temperature setting keeps things only barely below spoiling temperature. I have to put my pop in the freezer for 1/2 an hour+ to get it cold.
  • The Washer/Dryer Combo: 3X as long to wash 1/3 the clothes and an irritating squeaking noise (but see forthcoming post)
  • The Bed: Hard, lumpy, and is missing a sheet. And with pillows from 1982. What's up with that?
  • Odd Pinky-Maroon Carpet throughout the flat. In addition to being odd and pinky-maroon, every last speck of everything shows on it, driving me to vacuum with an OCD kind of frequency.
  • The Persistent Smell of Old Curry emanating from the flat, probably due to aforementioned carpet. Luckily once you get inside you can't smell it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment