Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just the tulips, thanks.

We spent the Easter (4-day, 'cause this is Europe, danggit) weekend in The Netherlands. We went there for the cheese and the art. When we got there, we realized we were in the thick of that other thing Holland is famous for: bulbs.

To say now that I grew up surrounded by corn fields seems even more lame. Some people get to grow up surrounded by these.



They made me happy.

We pulled off the road and just wandered around in the fields for awhile. (Which it turns out the farmer was not very happy about. But I maintain that it was a good-faith wandering, given that there was no fence, no gate, and no "verboten" signs. And two dozen other people doing the exact same thing. The fields we visited later (and did NOT wander in) had one or all of these. )

But unwitting trespassing aside, if you've smelled what a couple of hyacinths can do to a room, then I highly recommend checking out what an entire field full of them can do. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment