
A sampling of Australian road signs...which are quite bossy when it comes right down to it:
A 5 Minute Powernap Could Save Your Life
Drowsy Drivers Die
Survive the Drive
Drowsy Eyelids? Powernap Now
Sore Eyes? Powernap Now
Stop Revive Survive
Open Your Eyes Fatigue Kills
Tired? Powernap now
Trouble Concentrating? Powernap Now
Each of which we saw multiple times on our drive from Adelaide to Melbourne. At some point I started to wonder: Is it more likely that I'm going to fall asleep and run off the road, or that I'm going to be distracted by reading this stupid sign and drift across the median? And if I did run off the road, actually, I think I'd have to be pretty unlucky to die. It's not like there's been any traffic coming in the other direction for the last half an hour. And it's not like there's anything off the road to be hit--not a tree or a fence post in sight. So what is it that all of these taxpayer-funded signs are saving me from????
Sounds like the only thing that might kill you is hitting one of those warning signs. Next one: Stay awake or you'll hit this sig...."
ReplyDeletethis could only get better if there were "NO STOPPING ANYTIME" signs posted along the same roads.
ReplyDelete