I just finished mending a pair of Daniel's shorts (those $12 Cambodian knockoffs just aren't what they used to be). I pulled out the sewing kit, which I hadn't used all year, and started fishing through it. I'd never really paid any attention to it before--I'd just tossed it in the suitcase a few years ago. It was a souvenir from a once-in-a-lifetime stay at the Ritz Carlton, Maui (the result of a very fortuitous scheduling error on the part of some peon sister hotel of the Ritz who had been booked by a physics conference and then decided to renovate).
So I'm digging through the sewing kit, pull out a needle and then pull out some brown thread. Then I realize there aren't one or two needles in here...there are 10...one for each color of thread. Then I realize that the aforementioned brown thread is stuck. It's attached to a needle...because all of the needles were pre-threaded. This, apparently, is what you get for an extra $300 a night: Andes mints on the pillow and pre-threaded needles in the sewing kit.
No comments:
Post a Comment